Sensory soft play consists of a range of activities to stimulate the senses, including improving balance, physical awareness and perception of surroundings. Kids adore visiting soft play areas and learning to mingle with other children within a safe, confined environment which offers a wide range of stimulating play activities. Each and every child has different sensory thresholds, so it’s important to choose a play area that does not provide too much stimulation, particularly when kids tend to be hyperactive or have special needs.
Benefits of sensory soft play areas
These kinds of play areas give children and toddlers a safe, exciting environment to explore and help develop a wide range of skills. Some major benefits of soft play activities for kids are that they improve physical ability tremendously and also help children develop better communication skills.
Some of the main advantages of sensory soft play areas include:
– They offer ways for kids to interact with peers and develop important life skills. Different shapes, textures and colours of pillows, tunnels, and cushions give tots the encouragement to explore and develop their motor abilities to the full.
– The natural development of social skills and levels of interaction with other children are encouraged in soft play areas. The soft cushions and furnishings in soft play zones help less confident older children to relax and can provide the motivation to interact with peers.
– Soft play zones offer peace of mind to parents, as they can relax in the knowledge that kids will be safe and secure within the play area. Children also develop feelings of confidence and security in soft play zones and interactions that might normally be quite challenging become far more commonplace.
– Sensory soft play helps increase children’s creativity and encourages imaginative play. Tunnels, playhouses and castles in soft play zones are fantastic for imaginary play and themed storytelling.
– Soft play enhances kids’ motor skills by offering opportunities for climbing, jumping, crawling, rolling and running without any risk of injury from falls or trips. These enhanced motor skills transfer easily to day-to-day activities, making children far more confident about their physical abilities.
Our soft play areas are the ideal play choice for children, giving busy mums, grandparents and families time out and allowing kids to grow their skills and abilities within our safe, comfortable play zones.